Hello! My name is Jennifer.
Welcome to my tiny bit of the blogosphere!
A Bit about the Blog
The idea for this blog took root in my funny little brain as I lay in a hospital bed for 3 days in January 2012. My body had declared war on itself; I was having my first major flare-up of an auto-immune disease.
When I was diagnosed with Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, I went through the Five Stages of Grief rather quickly, partly because I was alone most of the time and I had a lot of time to think and partly because I’ve always been the kind of person to go “OK, so now what?” rather than dwell on a bad situation.
I made a few decisions.
I decided that one of the most important things about illness is staying positive and in an effort to do so I would begin to write down 3 things that I appreciated every day. That idea evolved into a blog where I could write about living with chronic illness. Things snowballed from there.
Being faced with my mortality, I realized I had been sleep walking through life. Now I appreciate what I have and I want to share all the wonderful little things that make life fantastic!
Basically, that’s what I’ll write about: things that interest and inspire me, as well as my experiences with chronic illness.
Life: living it and loving it.
Thank you for visiting. I hope you’ll find something that will interest or inspire you!
A Special Thank You to my wonderful friend, Kate, for all her hard work on the layout of this blog.
A Bit about Me
- I’m several years into the second quarter of my life.
- I’m first generation Polish Canadian.
- My favourite colour is purple
- I love to read, paint and pretend to write.
- I’m fascinated by language and other cultures.
- If I had a time machine I’d tell my high-school self about etymology, entomology, anthropology and psychology… and to take up the violin.
- I’m bad at maths but I know I could be better if I applied myself.